Thursday 27 April 2017

Ninety Years Young!

My BFF's mother is celebrating a very special birthday today,
she is turning 90 years!

I was asked if I would make her a card,
so after a bit of thinking and checking what colours to use,
this is it finished.



I started with a square white card base,
and cut a square mat from patterned paper to fit.  
To make it just a little different, I used a border punch on the top left and bottom right sides,
then tucked some co-ordinating paper behind both these borders.

Next I cut the window and bricks from some foiled patterned paper
  using a Kaisercraft die.
I really liked the randomness of colour this created, 
a perfect contrast for the background.




I don't use flowers very often on my cards,
however, the flowers I did have, all co-ordinated with each other perfectly along with some ribbon that I had recently purchased.  



A couple of die cut butterflies and  the number 90th were all that was needed
to finish it off.

I made a box from white card and tied the same ribbon around it,
along with a little tag.


From what I hear, this lovely lady had a very happy 90th birthday,
celebrating with a family luncheon.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Happy Crafting!
  

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Helen. It is so delicate and clean. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, although I think I need my eyes testing as I read it as goth rather than 90th and was thinking it's unusual to have a goth of that age! Cara x

    ReplyDelete

Any messages (so long as they are positive [hehehe!] ) gratefully received!